Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fruits...but Not Just the Edible Kind

There is a passage of Scripture found in the New Testament written by a man named Paul that I love and read frequently. It is Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." These are not your normal "fruits". Paul does not mention any apples or oranges or grapes. But rather fruits are virtues that a Christ- follower (believer) should possess. Or at least work on! For me I am not naturally patient or really any of these virtues. I have to really seek God and become more like him (Philippians 2:5).

I wonder what my life would look like if I worked harder at possessing these virtues. That is my prayer that I can become more and more like Jesus everyday, even during the hard times. I need this verse tattooed to hand so I can see it constantly and not forget... This life is not about me. It is about serving God and becoming more like Jesus.

Great song check it out! It is by Leeland called Holy Spirit Have Your Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment