Tuesday, April 27, 2010

decisions, decisions, decisions

There seems to be so many decisions to be made everyday. Sometimes they are minor...what will I wear today? Or what will eat for breakfast? Some decisions are fun like where will I go shopping at or which coffee shop will I go to? And then there are the hard ones. Where should I work? How many classes should I take next semester? How will I spend my time today? Will I work out today or not is another big dilemma I face everyday :)

Right now I feel like I am making 100 million decisions a day!! (Well this may be a little exaggerated...) There are things to decide for the wedding, homework to choose to complete, and and everyday life choices. Life can be so busy. This is when decisions can become even harder. Am I making all the right ones?? Is watching almost every episode of lost since December 31st the best way to spend my time? (Oops already done!) Time is a very precious thing in my life right now. Sometimes I make the most of it and other times I don't.

There was a very wise man who lived a very long time ago, way back in the days of the Old Testament. His name was Solomon. He was the king of Jerusalem and he was known for his wisdom. He wrote this passage about time:

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate

a time for war and a time for peace.

-Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Well, I better make the best of my time and do some more homework!

-Mykaila


No comments:

Post a Comment